VOLUNTEER WITH RESCUE DOGS! (Must be 18+)
308 people are interested
**YOU MUST BE 18+ TO VOLUNTEER FOR OUR ORGANIZATION**
We're so glad you've chosen to offer your time to help animals in need. Our facility is located in Central Phoenix and houses injured or sick dogs that were scheduled to be euthanized at a local County shelter. We take an intimate approach, housing only 7-10 dogs at any given time. This helps us learn each and every one in order to better place them in their forever homes. As well as create a calmer environment for them to overcome their injury or illness. If this seems like something you're willing and able to work with, then let's proceed!
This position is a volunteer/non-paid opportunity which includes a wide variety of duties as well as possible weekly travel within the state.
We are seeking volunteers to work AM and/or PM shifts.
Our AM shift takes place from 6:30am-10:30am and our PM shift takes place from 6pm-10pm, seven days a week, rain or shine!
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Be over 18
- Have reliable transportation
- Be available during our shift times; AM [6:30am-10:30am currently], PM [6pm-10pm always]. Weekdays or weekends
- Plan to offer services for a minimum of one shift (4 hrs) per week for 8-12 weeks or longer (Those who seek community service and/or school hours can no longer be accommodated at this time) Although giving your time is an amazing gesture, it is important for the safety and stability of our dogs that individuals offer service on a longer-term basis.
- Enjoy cleaning
What is required: Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned tasks such as cleaning and feeding dogs and providing medications
- Maintain the cleaning and organization of shelter and property environment
- To manage the basic care of animals in shelter
- Be detailed in providing communication with staff
- Support and be able to direct other Roadies (Volunteers) on basic animal care. Should be able to multi-task and provide training and supervision where necessary. Roadies work directly with our staff, clear communication and positive attitude is a key component
- Understand and promote our mission and policies. Be able to support and be an advocate for our organization regarding animal welfare issues
*We would like to emphasize this is not just "playing with dogs", this is cleaning, sweating and WORKING! Yes, you will have time to play with dogs, but the main responsibility and activities needed are cleaning.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience preferred but will train
- Must have the ability to work in the extreme heat of summer and cold in winter
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills. Computer literacy is required (Facebook page required)
- Must have flexibility in schedule. Position may require change of hours, combination of AM & PM shifts, medical emergency or transport of animals.
- Be able to work in a demanding and potentially stressful environment
- Must have the physical strength and ability to lift and carry a maximum of 40lbs, perform duties assigned in and out the shelter that requires lifting, bending, stooping and other strenuous activities
- Must have reliable transportation. Driver license preferred
We know this seems like a lot, but we are a top quality care facility that has set a standard in the rescue community. The best and only way to continue our level of care and success is through top quality volunteer service.
If you are that person, then contact us to get started TODAY!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
530 E. McDowell Rd.Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours per week.
- Must be able to perform physical duties such as cleaning & lifting, must have reliable transport.