7 people are interested
Purpose: Contribute to the cultural life of Seattle by becoming the Calendar Writer of Real Change! As Seattle's progressive community newspaper, we publish a calendar in every weekly issue of Real Change that features a diverse selection of events with broad appeal.
Responsibilities: Search for unique, exciting public events that will appeal to our broad readers and compile them into a weekly calendar that will be featured in the Real Change newspaper every week. You will be responsible for selecting roughly 4-5 events to feature and writing brief descriptions and details for each event.
- 4 or less hours per week. Work hours are flexible, and may be done off-site in the evenings and on weekends.
- Minimum 6-month commitment
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to meet a weekly deadline
- Outgoing, organized, and detail-oriented
- Supportive of Real Change's editorial priorities
- Comfortable searching for events on the internet and in other venues
- Opinionated (since you will be deciding which events to feature each week)
We'll work with your schedule.
219 1st Ave S.Suite 220Seattle, WA 98104
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- - 4 or less hours per week. Work hours are flexible, and may be done off-site in the evenings and on weekends. - Minimum 6-month commitment