Provide transportation services for residents and participants in our different facilities and programs: Keiro Northwest Rehabilitation & Care Center, Nikkei Manor, Kokoro Kai, and Nikkei Horizons. Work is performed mostly in Seattle. Occasional, out-of- town, state, county overnight trips may apply.
As a Volunteer Driver, you will have the opportunity to:
· Receive fully-paid health screening
· Occasionally receive free meals, tickets, and accommodation for certain events
· Fulfill the need for socializing
· Provide safe transportation by adhering to all safety rules of the road and exercising appropriate driving judgment while transporting passengers.
· Guide residents to vehicle and provide necessary standby or hands-on assistance to passengers when boarding and disembarking.
· Assist residents with their seat belts and other safety devices as needed.
· Respect the confidentiality of the passenger’s backgrounds and health information.
· Refuel vehicle and report needed repairs to the Program Manager or Transportation Manager.
· Maintain driving-related records.
· In the event of a medical emergency be able to administer CPR.
· Occasionally drive out-of-state or county for day or overnight trips.
· Valid Washington State Driver’s License
· Ability to communicate with residents patiently and respectfully
· Ability to interact with diverse group of people
· Physically able to assist passengers when boarding or disembarking the vehicle
Timeline: Minimum of 3 months. Ongoing need.
Interested in volunteering as a Driver? Please send your resume to Megumi Sherrill, Volunteer and Events Coordinator, at email@example.com indicate your interest today.
- Bus/Van Driving
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week or a few times a month
- CPR, First Aid (We have a class), Clean driving record