Special Olympics Northern California is a free year-round sports training and competition program for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. There are 21,250 athletes who compete in 236 competitions throughout the regions in 14 sports. Special Olympics requires the extraordinary support and time of over 20,000 volunteers and volunteer coaches. Financial support comes almost exclusively from individuals, organizations, corporations and foundations. For more information on Special Olympics Northern California, visit www.SONC.org and visit www.SONV.org for Nevada.
We are currently looking for a volunteer to assist with projects for various departments in our headquarters office.
Office Support Volunteer
Assist with special projects such as data entry, maintaining files, scanning documents, or other general office needs for various departments.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Two years’ experience with standard Microsoft Windows PC software including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and telephone etiquette.
- Working knowledge of computers and standard office equipment, i.e., printers, photocopiers, phones, postage machines, fax, etc.
- Ability to work independently to complete diverse projects including those with a deadline.
- Must complete SONC volunteer registration process and pass background screen.
- Available 5-10 hours per week for at least 3 months, during normal office hours.
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week
- Minimum 3 month commitment