About the Young Athletes Program:
The Special Olympics Young Athletes(tm) is an early childhood sports play program for chil-dren with intellectual disabilities ages 2 to 7 years old that includes games, songs and other fun!
Through practicing sports skills in a one-on-one environment, partici-pants gain motor skills like balance, flexibility, strength and coordina-tion! Our volunteers are well-trained and ready to play!
Volunteers are needed to lead this incredible program and help impact the lives of young children with various intellectual disabilities!
-Go through our background registration process (includes PA law volunteer requirement checks)
-Commit to the full program: 8 weeks on Sundays from Sept. 25 - Nov. 13.
- If there is a day you cannot attend, advanced notice is appreciated in order to find a substitute volunteer
- Please do not volunteer if you cannot make 6 or more sessions.
-Work (and play!) one on one with children ages 2-7 with various intellectual disabilities (down syndrome, autism, etc.)
-Volunteers of all age groups welcome. Under 17 required to go through a different background check process. Volunteers under 15 please volunteer with a parent/guardian.
- Volunteers should be physically able (and willing) to lift children, play on the ground, and be moderately active during the sessions.
- Learn more about Young Athletes at www.sopaphilly.org/youngathletes
-Other questions or to register contact Britt Kleine at email@example.com or 215.671.5063
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Care
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 8 consecutive weeks on Sundays for 2 hours.