Job Title: B’s Boutique Volunteer
The mission of New Directions Career Center is to empower women in transition to achieve and maintain economic self-sufficiency. The Center achieves its mission by providing career counseling, employment-related education and information services.
A component of our services is B’s Boutique, a free resource of donated clothing and accessories. The Boutique is open to female graduates of our core programs and provides them with business and business casual attire to aid in their job search journey and prepare them for interviews. During each graduate’s shopping appointment they work with a personal shopper to assist them in selecting apparel that allows them to feel and look their personal best.
Brief Job Description: Assist scheduled clients to select their business attire outfits during their shopping appointments, re-hang all discarded items appropriately, keep Boutique tidy and clean as needed, note items taken by clients on the Inventory Sheet for the day, track outcome of each shopping appointment and report to NDCC Staff.
Qualifications of volunteer job:
1. Knowledge of professional attire guidelines for interviews and day-to-day work
2. Ability to advise individuals in clothing selections in a non-judgmental way
3. Ability to treat clients with warmth, respect and great customer service
4. Ability to adhere to the Center’s confidentiality policy to protect client information
1. Good feeling from helping women in transition.
2. Good experience to add to your resume.
3. Provision of references and/or letters of recommendation upon request.
Time parameters of volunteer job: Personal shopping appointments occur on weekdays (most often Tuesdays) between the hours of 9:30-3:30. Three hour to seven hour time slots are available.
Volunteer Work Site: B’s Boutique, inside New Directions Career Center. 199 East Rich Street Columbus, Ohio 43215
If this sounds like a volunteer opportunity you would like to take on please contact email@example.com to obtain a volunteer application and learn more about this fun and rewarding position.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Sales Process
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Available Tuesday's between 9:30am-3:30pm