Position Description: We’re looking for a friendly, energetic adult volunteer who enjoys interacting with teens to be our Tech Lab assistant during our afterschool teen gaming program. Tech Lab assistants are responsible for ensuring that our Game On afterschool teen gaming program runs smoothly and creates a positive community experience for our tween and teen customers. The Game On program allows youth grade 4 and older to congregate in the Tech Lab to play games and enjoy one another’s company in a supportive and supervised library environment.
Status: Unpaid volunteer position
Days and times needed: Mon 3-5pm, Wed 2-5pm, and Fri 3-5pm
- Must be an adult, age 18 or older
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted, at no charge to the volunteer
- Must commit to volunteering for the duration of the school year (now through June 2, 2016)
- A love of online gaming is a plus, but not required
Tech Lab Assistant Responsibilities:
- Greet youth daily and form a working relationship with them
- Reinforce the tech lab rules
- Ensure that all Game On! participants are treating one another and the tech lab equipment with respect
- Notify library staff in advance if you are unable to volunteer on a day you are scheduled
- May be assigned an easy project to do while supervising in the room
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Seven hours per week.
- Must be fingerprinted & commit to volunteering for the duration of the school year.