The Utica Children’s Museum is operating in near start-up mode and is in the process of being transformed into a hands-on, interactive destination that will impact more than 100,000 visitors over the next five years.
We are seeking 1 or 2 volunteer custodians to help our small staff keep the Museum clean for the children and their families.
Support custodial duties of the Museum on a daily basis including but not limited to:
* Cleaning all public areas on a daily basis including elevators.
* Removing garbage and other rubbish from exhibit areas and restrooms on a daily basis.
* Assemble and move office furniture, file cabinets or exhibits as needed.
* Properly clean up and dispose of any bodily fluids as necessary according to OSHA standards.
* Clear entrances from snow and spread ice melt as necessary during winter season to provide safety.
* Tracking and requesting for cleaning supplies as needed.
* Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Executive Director and Visitor Services.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Student, High School Graduate, or GED equivalent
Prior custodial experience a plus
Ability to work around children
Ability to work flexible hours, sitting, lifting 50 pounds
Must be passionate about children’s museums.
We seek someone that can commit 5 to 10 hours a week for no less than four months.
- Facilities Management
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- nice if you could commit to 5-10 hours a week
- if you have a truck, every now and then you could help with errands