Under the guidance and direction of physical and/or occupational therapists, serve as a "second" rehab team member, supporting patients in the swimming pool. Volunteer is not required to get into the pool. Tasks include:
- As patients enter pool area for exercise, help with registration and handle payments if needed.
- Hand out towels and exercise equipment to patients as needed, including weights and 'noodles.’
- Assist with equipment set up.
- Help put away equipment after use.
- Assist as requested by professional therapists.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Physical Therapy
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for 4-hour shift for 6 months
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some late afternoon times for this position