Tutor a Refugee Youth in Tukwila!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where4242 S 144th StSeattle, WA 98168
The Refugee & Immigrant Children's Program is seeking volunteer tutors in the Tukwila area! Please contact email@example.com if you're interested in volunteering! Volunteers must be 21 and older. More information below:
The Refugee and Immigrant Children's Program serves refugee and immigrant youth who are resettling alone in the United States. They have left behind war, persecution or instability that separated them from their families. Through our program, children are welcomed by foster families who have made a long-term commitment to their care. We serve children, primarily teenagers, from countries throughout Asia, Africa and Central America.
We are seeking tutors in Tukwila to help a refugee youth with science, math, SAT prep, and general study skills.
- Help youth with high school homework in various subjects
- Help youth practice reading, writing, and speaking English
- Assist with Senior Projects, essay writing, and college or scholarship applications
We ask tutors to commit to at least one year of service meeting weekly with youth. Tutors also must be at least 21 or over.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an email to refugeesNWfostercare@lcsnw.org.
-Volunteers must be 21 or over
-Meet with Volunteer Coordinator for an Interview
-Attend Mandatory Orientation
-Pass Background Check
-Commit to at least one year of service meeting weekly with youth
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Meetings 1x/week with youth for at least one year
- Must be 21 or older, pass a background check, complete volunteer orientation