The Refugee and Immigrant Children's Program serves refugee and immigrant youth who are resettling alone in the United States. They have left behind war, persecution or instability that separated them from their families. Through our program, children are welcomed by foster families who have made a long-term commitment to their care. We serve children, primarily teenagers, from countries throughout Asia, Africa and Central America.
We are seeking a tutors in Kent & Covington to:
- Help a refugee youth with senior projects, essay writing, college and scholarship applications.
- Help a newly resettled refugee youth with various middle school subjects and learning English
We ask tutors to commit to at least one year of service meeting weekly with youth. Tutors also must be at least 21 or over, meet for an interview, attend orientation, and pass background check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact May Saetern, Program Assistant, at msaetern@lcsnw,org.
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Meetings 1xweek with youth for at least 1 year
- Must be 21 or older, pass a background check, complete volunteer orientation