WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3532 Franklin StreetSuite TDenver, CO 80205
Denver Urban Scholars is seeking mentors to participate in Group Mentoring! As a Group Mentor, you will work with a small group of 6th grade students weekly in their school, assisting with curriculum delivery and running a group study hall (alongside two staff members). Through this opportunity, you can make a huge impact by joining in the learning process, being curious, and participating along with students.
Right now, we are looking for Group Mentors at the following locations/times:
- KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy -375 S. Tejon St. Denver, CO 80223, Tuesdays, 1:15-3:00pm
- KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School - 4635 Walden Street Denver, CO 80249, Wednesdays, 4:00-5:30pm
- KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School - 4635 Walden Street Denver, CO 80249, Thursdays, 4:00-5:30pm
- Sunnyside - 4735 N. Pecos St. Denver, CO 80211, Thursdays, 3:20-5:20pm
Below are details about the commitment:
- Time commitment: 1-2 hours per week
- Commitment is from October 2017 through early May 2018
- Takes place at the school, each week
All 6th grade students in the Stepping Stones program will participate in Group Mentoring to focus on building specific skills, including study skills, self-awareness, persistence, collaborative learning, goal setting, and building relationships. Study halls will be used to offer additional time to complete homework, check-in, and offer guidance on how to increase your students’ academic success. Each session will include a short, interactive activity to build on skills that will ultimately lead them to College and Career Readiness.
Please contact us for more information!
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours a week on the DPS schedule
- Interview, Training