Volunteer with Children living in Homeless Shelter
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where990 Nassau St.Cincinnati, OH 45206
Facilitate after-school activities that are fun and engaging with children experiencing homelessness.
- Love Kids: We have children of all ages, some who may have experienced trauma. We need patient, loving volunteers to bring a fun energy!
- Be Flexible: Working with families in shelter brings a lot of unpredictability when it comes to activity attendance.
- Strong Leadership Skills: Volunteers should feel comfortable kindly correcting children's behavior.
- Give parents respite by providing fun, engaging childcare during after school hours
- Facilitate activities planned by IHN Staff
- Read stories to children
- Offer homework help
- Oversee children's safety during activity time/when we have guest visitors
- Help with cleaning of playroom and toys
- Help with clerical tasks, if no children are present for activities
Activity time takes place from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Volunteers can serve when they are available, as often as every day or as little as once per month.
We would love to put your special skills and background to good use with a custom-tailored volunteer experience. We have had a dance instructor, a trumpet instructor and therapy dogs facilitate special sessions here at the Day Center. Tell us your ideas about putting your talents to work to benefit kids! On days without a special session, we need volunteers to facilitate fun activities with guidance from our IHN staff.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Activity time is 3:30-4:45 p.m. Monday-Thursday