Seeking Board President
Bernadette's House, Inc.
Bernadette's House, Inc.is seeking to expand its Board of Directors by bringing on a group of new members to join the already committed and dedicated governing board. We are seeking to create a more diverse group of Board Members with a range of skills and expertise to collaborate in decision making and participate in fundraising & events, program/curriculum development, volunteer recruiting, and workshop facilitation.
Current Openings: Board President, and Vice President
Ongoing Openings: Board members
The Board of Directors is responsible for determining and supporting the mission of Bernadette's House and for raising funds necessary to carry out that mission. The Board sets policy and provides leadership and vision and is accountable for fiscal and strategic oversight. As enthusiastic ambassadors of BH, board members are expected to be committed to and involved in our positive growth and development.
Serving on the governing board of the Bernadette's House offers many personal benefits and opportunities:
- Professional development in the non-profit sector
- Leadership development
- Making a positive impact in the Maryland-DC community
- Solicitation training and hands on experience
- Expansion of personal and professional networks
- Provide leadership in carrying out Bernadette's House marketing, communications and development strategies
- Serve on at least one Board sub-committee
- Attend 4 Board meetings per year and other sub-committee meetings as scheduled
- Raise awareness and funds for Bernadette's House (including major gifts and corporate sponsorships)
About Bernadette's House, Inc.
306 Montgomery St, Laurel, MD 20707, US
To provide a safe and supportive environment for young girls to explore their purpose in life.
Bernadette’s House, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) faith-based charitable nonprofit organization that was founded in October 2012. Our volunteer staff is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive home-like environment for preteen and teenage girls who live in and around the Laurel, Maryland area. Careful consideration is made to match each girl in our program with a mentor who is dedicated to developing a nurturing relationship that encourages the mentee to venture on a journey of self-discovery and "dare to dream" of a life full of possibilities. Our program is designed to foster the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills that will enable the girls to make life choices that will have a positive impact on their future.