At the Butterfly Pavilion, exhibit ambassador volunteers are the "backbone" (pun intended!) of our organization. They are the face of our invertebrate zoo, and they are vital to spreading our message of conservation. As an exhibit ambassador, you'll have the chance to give guests an unforgettable learning experience!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
This is an opportunity for you to work in all of our exhibits - from helping guests pet our Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, horseshoe crabs and sea stars, to teaching them about the life cycle of butterflies and digging in the dirt for worms. Our core volunteers must be able to commit to a weekly schedule and at least 16 hours a month.
- Flexible scheduling
- Training and support while you learn the ropes
- Opportunities to become an invertebrate expert in one or all exhibits
- Fun educational and social activities
- Discounted membership and gift shop sales, and much more!
To Get Involved, Apply here:
ORIENTATION DATES (9 am - 5 pm; lunch break from 11AM-12PM):
February 18th, 2017
April 1st, 2017
June 3rd, 2017
August 5th, 2017
October 7th, 2017
November 11th, 2017
***Please note that an application, interview and criminal background check are required in the selection process. Not all applicants will be selected. ***
- Environmental Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- A four-hour shift weekly for at least 6 months
- Reliability, willingness to learn, and readiness to have fun!
- Help kids make memories for a...
- Volunteer with a Friend to Be...
- Got a green thumb (or wish you...
- Volunteer each week as an Animal...
- Gift Shop Team Seeks Great...
- Research and Conservation Animal...
- Beekeeping Volunteer
- Are you an animal lover?...
- Volunteer to Make Volunteering...
- Need a little more rainforest in...