At the Butterfly Pavilion, exhibit ambassador volunteers are the "backbone" (pun intended!) of our organization. They are the face of our invertebrate zoo, and they are vital to spreading our message of conservation. As an exhibit ambassador, you'll have the chance to give guests an unforgettable learning experience!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
This is an opportunity for you to work in all of our exhibits - from helping guests pet our Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, horseshoe crabs and sea stars, to teaching them about the life cycle of butterflies and digging in the dirt for worms. Our core volunteers must be able to commit to a weekly schedule and at least 16 hours a month.
- Flexible scheduling
- Training and support while you learn the ropes in each exhibit
- Fun educational and social activities
- Discounted membership and gift shop sales, and much more!
HOW TO APPLY
If you think spending time with cool invertebrates and educating the public about conservation sounds fun, apply here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1695248551
ORIENTATION DATES (9 am - 5 pm; lunch break from 11AM-12PM):
February 18th, 2017
April 1st, 2017
June 3rd, 2017
August 5th, 2017
October 7th, 2017
November 11th, 2017
***Please note that an application, interview and criminal background check are required in the selection process. Not all applicants will be selected. ***
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- Environmental Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 16+ hours per month for at least 6 months
- Reliability/accountability, willingness to learn, and readiness to have fun!
- You can help kids make memories...
- Volunteer with a Friend to Be...
- Got a green thumb (or wish you...
- Volunteer each week as an Animal...
- Summer Teen Volunteer Program
- Enhance guest experience - be a...
- Research and Conservation Animal...
- Beekeeping Volunteer
- Are you an animal lover?...
- Volunteer Program Aide
- Need a little more rainforest in...