Are you an animal lover? Volunteer as an Exhibit Ambassador!
DONATE TO THIS
65 people are interested
Bring our exhibits to life by helping guests enjoy and learn more about our amazing invertebrates! Highlight unique facts and share up-close animal experiences with guests. Give guests an unforgettable learning experience as they interact with our exhibits, from helping guests pet our Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, horseshoe crabs and sea stars, to teaching them about the life cycle of butterflies. This position offers in-depth training and our most flexible scheduling option.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide interpretation to guests of all ages that helps create deeper understanding of our exhibits by answering basic questions and sharing information about our animals.
- Use live animals to demonstrate science-based concepts to guests.
- Ensure all guests and animals have a safe and fun experience!
REQUIREMENTS & COMMITMENT:
- Be at least 14 years old.
- Commit to a minimum of 8 hours of service per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Be able to attend required one-day Volunteer Orientation and Training.
- Be able to complete additional training as required by position.
- Assist at least two Butterfly Pavilion Special Events per year.
- Be a dependable team player, committed to providing our guests the highest standards of customer service.
- Have a fun and rewarding experience as a part of the Butterfly Pavilion team!
- Explore your interests and learn about our invertebrate animals, their habitats, and their importance in the global environment.
- Receive quality training, ongoing support, and opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
- Receive invitations to engage with fellow staff and volunteers through Butterfly Pavilion meetings, social events, volunteer appreciation dinners, field trips, and more!
- Core Volunteers receive free admission to Butterfly Pavilion, annual guest passes for friends and family, and discounts on memberships, programs, and in our Gift Shop.
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE & APPLY:
***Please note that an application, interview and criminal background check are required in the selection process. Not all applicants will be selected. ***
We'll work with your schedule.
6252 W 104th AveWestminster, CO 80020
- Environmental Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 8 hours per month for at least 6 months
- Reliability, willingness to learn, and readiness to have fun!