Non Profit Lawyer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
As a non-profit search and rescue foundation, we are dedicated as a team, working for the common goal of providing emergency assistance, education, and preparedness to the public. If you are a dedicated, hardworking individual with drive, professionalism and able to learn processes quickly this may the position match for you. A lawyer is needed to aid in general needs of the nonprofit world, as well as problem solving, critical and creative thinking. We are looking for those with incredible organization and attention to detail, abilities to prioritize, and proficient in analysis, problem recognition, and solution evaluation.
- Able to prepare and format legal documents
- Prepare and respond to motions
- Prepare and respond to discovery
- Preparation for trial (Previous trial experience is highly preferred)
- Transcribe, prepare and finalize legal documents, correspondence, memos and reports
- Well-versed in non profit law (both state and federal)
- E-file with State and Federal Courts
- Well-versed in California corporation codes, IRS requirements and exemptions, and compliance
- Paralegal Certificate required
- ESQ credential required
- 1+ years of litigation experience in law firm
- Proficient in WordPerfect, Word, Excel, and Legal solutions
- Candidates that are bilingual in any language is a huge plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Human Resources a plus
● Admission to CA Bar
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in Law (recommended nonprofit law) or
related field preferred.
● Wellversed in non profit law (both state and federal)
● Efile with State and Federal Courts
● Wellversed in California corporation codes, IRS requirements and exemptions, and compliance
● Paralegal Certificate required
● ESQ credential required
● 1+ years of litigation experience in law firm
● Proficient in WordPerfect, Word, Excel, and Legal solutions
● Candidates that are bilingual in any language is a huge plus, but not required
● Knowledge of Human Resources a plus
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Flexible! We'll work with you!
- Must have volunteer and non profit law background. Pro-bono work requested.