WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where26040 AceroSte 106Mission Viejo, CA 92691
The G.I. Joe Search and Rescue Foundation is seeking a writer for social media, blog, newsletter, and is experienced with a variety of other social media platforms as well. This role will also be interviewing families that G.I. Joe Search and Rescue has helped in past and future missions in order to convey the dedication, empathy and heart that does into helping rescue or recover someone's family member. Our Foundation is fast growing and fast paced, and we offer an educational environment for our employees and volunteers. This position is responsible for writing and posting Facebook posts daily, researching a multitude of industries, and providing interesting, relevant content for each of our clients as well as the public. Necessary knowledge includes Facebook, Sprout Social, and previous social media writing experience is preferred.
* Proactively post on social media, blogs and newsletters
* Interview families affected by disasters* ? Post daily on Facebook and research relevant information to provide to the public
eye that support our mission statement.
* Keep track and monitor postings on OC Events
* Portray to the public our goal and aspiration in a complete and respectable
* Principal duties include helping to manage our websites; writing, editing and creating content
* Journalism, communications, or related field of study preferred.
* Time management skills
* Excellent writing and computer skills
* Ability to meet daily deadlines
* Ability to multitask
* Self starter
* Strong editing and proofreading skills
* Ability to interview and connect with sources
* Strong research and editorial skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Technical Writing
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible! We'll work with you!
- Must have background in this field
- Search and Rescue Medical Director
- Chairman of Development
- Assistant to the CEO
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Executive Assistant
- Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Grant Writer
- Networking, Outreach and...
- Chairman of Volunteer Services
- Chairman of Communications
- Web Developer
- Chairman of Fundraising
- CHIEF MEDICAL DIRECTOR
- Chairman of Public Relations
- Non Profit Lawyer
- Search and Rescue (SAR) Volunteer