Volunteer at the Colorado Photographic Arts Center
Colorado Photographic Arts Center
CPAC has a 50-year history of serving Denver’s photographic community through education, exhibitions, and outreach - and volunteers play a significant role in reaching CPAC’s goals.
Administration: Office work including filing, data entry, updating website, and assisting in the office.
Exhibitions Assistance: Install and deinstall exhibitions, hang labels, repair walls, prepare shipments of artwork. Hours and days vary and are based off of our exhibition schedule.
PR/Marketing: We are always looking for people with strong communication skills to promote CPAC’s exhibitions, classes, and events. We are currently looking for several people who are able to distribute exhibition cards and other marketing materials to various galleries, venues, etc.
Opening Receptions & Special Events: Volunteers help with greeting guests, collecting zip codes for grant funding, managing the bar and refreshments, and cleaning up. These events are usually in the evening and they provide an opportunity to meet a variety of professionals in the photography community.
Event Photographer: We need a few photographers for receptions and special events we host throughout the year. These photographs are used on social media and marketing materials, and the photographer will be given photo credit.
Workshop Assistant: CPAC conducts professional workshops and classes. Some workshop instructors need help setting up chairs and tables, preparing digital equipment for presentations, and putting equipment away. Volunteers interested in learning more about art and photography fit best into this position. Hours and days vary. This position is open to any interested volunteer, and is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Benefits of Volunteering at CPAC:
- For every 15 hours accrued, a volunteer may chose to either:
- use the darkroom or digital lab (must pay chemical or material fees)
- receive 50% off of one class or workshop
- Engage with other photographers and artists in the community
- Contribute to an organization with a rich history in Denver’s photographic community
- Gain more knowledge of the operations of CPAC
- Become familiar with Denver’s RiNo Arts District
- Make new friends and have fun!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with CPAC. We greatly appreciate your time and support of our organization.
Previous experience working in galleries and educational programs is a plus, but at a minimum volunteers should have
- Broad knowledge of photography
- Familiarity with social networking programs
- Basic computer literacy - Word, Excel, WordPress, Constant Contact, FaceBook
- Good communications skills
- Presentable appearance
- A desire to contribute to CPAC and the visibility of contemporary photography in the Denver region.
About Colorado Photographic Arts Center
1070 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, US
CPAC is dedicated to fostering the understanding and appreciation of excellent photography in all forms and concepts through exhibitions, education and community outreach.
CPAC benefits the Mountain West region’s photographic community. CPAC is a place where photographic artists, hobbyists, collectors, and the public can come together to exchange ideas; grow their interests, careers, and professional practice; and engage with photographic exhibitions.
CPAC welcomes volunteers who are interested in becoming involved with a non-profit photography organization. Ways to contribute include gallery sitting, office management, special events, gallery receptions, and exhbitions installations.