309 people are interested
Volunteer at the Colorado Photographic Arts Center
309 people are interested
The Colorado Photographic Arts Center (CPAC) has a 50+ year history of serving Denver’s photographic community through education, exhibitions, and outreach - and volunteers play a significant role in reaching CPAC’s goals. Please review our current opportunities below and submit an application at: https://cpacphoto.org/volunteering/.
Administration: Office work including filing, data entry, assistance with large mailing drives, and other general office needs.
Exhibitions Assistance: Help with deinstalling exhibitions, hang wall labels, repair walls, prepare shipments of artwork. Hours and days vary and are based off of our exhibition schedule.
Social Media/Marketing: We are always looking for people with strong communication skills to promote CPAC’s exhibitions, classes, and events through our three different social media platforms. We also need assistance with distributing exhibition cards and other marketing materials to various galleries, venues, etc.
Opening Receptions & Special Events: Volunteers help with greeting guests, collecting zip codes for grant funding, managing the bar and refreshments, and cleaning up. These events are usually in the evening and they provide an opportunity to meet a variety of professionals in the photography community.
Translator: When promoting CPAC’s exhibitions, classes, and events, we would like to make more information accessible to a wider audience. We are currently seeking to provide Spanish translations for our online exhibition statements and printed wall labels.
Event Photographer: We need a few photographers for receptions and special events we host throughout the year. These photographs are used on social media and marketing materials, and the photographer will be given photo credit. Please provide website.
Benefits of Volunteering at CPAC:
- For every 15 hours accrued, a volunteer may chose to either:
- receive a 1-year CPAC membership
- receive 50% off of one class or workshop
- free use of the darkroom or digital lab up to 8 hours (must pay chemical or material fees)
- Engage with other photographers and artists in the community
- Contribute to an organization with a rich history in Denver’s photographic community
- Gain more knowledge of operations within the fields of art and nonprofit
- Become familiar with Denver’s Golden Triangle Creative District
- Make new friends and have fun!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with CPAC. We greatly appreciate your time and support of our organization.
As a general rule, CPAC sets 18 years old as the minimum age for volunteering. Previous experience working in galleries and events management is a plus, but at a minimum volunteers should have
- Broad knowledge of photography
- Familiarity with social networking programs
- Basic computer literacy - Word, Excel, WordPress, Mailchimp, FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter
- Good communications skills
- Presentable appearance
- A desire to contribute to CPAC and the visibility of contemporary photography in the Denver region.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Colorado Photographic Arts Center
1070 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, US
CPAC is dedicated to fostering the understanding and appreciation of excellent photography in all forms and concepts through exhibitions, education, and community outreach.
CPAC benefits the Mountain West region’s photographic community. CPAC is a place where photographic artists, hobbyists, collectors, and the public can come together to exchange ideas; grow their interests, careers, and professional practice; and engage with photographic exhibitions.
CPAC welcomes volunteers who are interested in becoming involved with a non-profit photography organization. Ways to contribute include office management, special events and gallery receptions, social media/marketing, and more!
1070 Bannock StDenver, CO 80204
October 15, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- For every 15 hours accrued, a volunteer may chose to either receive a 1-year CPAC membership, receive 50% off of one class or workshop, or use the darkroom or digital lab for up to 8 hours (must pay chemical or material fees).