Help Sea Mar improve its Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates! Colon cancer is the 2 nd leading cause of cancer death in the U.S even though it is HIGHLY preventable and easy to test. If everyone over 50 were screened regularly, 60% of colon cancer deaths would be prevented.
Volunteer your time at the largest community health center in the state. We’re focused on addressing barriers that our underserved populations often face. Sea Mar has designed a mailing program to break down barriers to colon cancer screening. We mail patients a stool test to detect blood that is easy to do at home, drop in the mail and get their results from the Sea Mar laboratory. Volunteers are needed to help implement the project and put materials together.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assemble test kits
- Label test tubes
- Stuff and affix labels to mailers
- Use the postage machine
- Use a letter stuffing machine
* Can-do attitude;
* Chatty, yet detail-oriented;
* All personalities welcome;
* Able to maintain professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions;
* Use of hands;
* Ability to stand or sit while working.
We’re flexible, whenever you can! Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Bring your music or podcast to share with us! We love music.
- Administrative Support
- Human Resources Assistance
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- We’re flexible, whenever you can! M-F 8am-5pm