Purpose: The St. Vincent de Paul Champion Workforce helps people regain their footing and re-enter the workplace. The program provides meaningful skills development, part-time employment, case management, workforce readiness classes, and job placement support.
1. SVdP East Oakland - 9235 San Leandro Street, Oakland 94603
Wednesdays and/or Thursdays: 9am-12pm
2. SVdP West Oakland - 675 - 23 rd Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Wednesdays and/or Thursdays: 1-4pm
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Work closely with our job training staff to identify areas for program development and improvement
- Identify participants’ areas for growth and skills training
- Create professional development plans per individual needs and monitor participants’ performance toward achievement of set goals
- Construct soft skills training platforms and guidelines
- Assist participants in preparing resumes and cover letters
- Conduct mock interviews to prepare participants for job interviews
- Assess training effectiveness using surveys and forms to track participant progress
- Collaborate with our professional development manager with development and administrative assistance where needed
Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age and be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, email and internet browsing. Volunteers with experience in recruitment, outreach, professional development coaching, job development or hiring are preferred. Volunteers must have excellent organization and priority setting skills, customer service skills, a great attitude, and be creative. Experience in working with populations with limited resources that face multiple barriers to employment is useful.
Volunteers will be asked to provide a resume, site preference, and availability.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum Commitment of 8 weeks; ongoing
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Dish Room Assistant - Help feed...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...