Learn a new way to make a real difference in our community
Take a Kern County Together workshop
ENJOY a hands-on, experiential, conflict resolution workshop where you’ll connect deeply with others, laugh, share, listen while learning ways to reduce conflict in your world, your classroom, your family, or at work. Meet people of different cultures in our town.
- TAKE NO NOTES - Come prepared to discover new ways of approaching disagreement.
- Treat yourself to this workshop purely for personal growth. Or make it a first step toward facilitating ALTERNATIVES TO VIOLENCE PROJECT (AVP) workshops in prisons, the community or classroom.
AVP, begun in 1975, is active worldwide including Rwanda with Hutus and Tutsis.
- See www.avpcalifornia.org for details on the program and concept.
- This workshop is led by experienced volunteers, who are currently facilitating workshops at California prisons, as well as with community youth.
When: June 24 & 25
Saturday- 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday- 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Location- To Be Announced
Suggested donation: $20-125 sliding scale. No one turned away (Scholarships are avail). Includes lunch, snacks, beverages, materials and training.
Deadline for registration: June 15.
Past participants appreciated:
"Interaction with diverse and interesting group members"
"Study of my 'buttons’ and ways to deactivate them"
"Frequent varying of pace and activity in workshops"
"My increased willingness to listen and not pre-judge a person or a situation"
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2 day trainings, 18 hours per workshop level