Do you like sharing your talents and interests with others? We are looking for people to create some fun activities to do with adults with disabilities. Suggested activities are: physical activity (games, dancing, exercise, yoga), arts and crafts (paint, work with clay, draw, create!), games (board games, charades, cards), music (sing along, choir, entertain with your instrument, listen to music together), movie night with trivia or discussion, cooking classes, baking, share a skill, teach a class, organize a skit, etc. The sky is the limit!
We have group homes where 6 - 8 people with disabilities live in the Zion/Gurnee area. Each home has 24/7 supervision by our staff. We are looking for individuals or groups who want to interact with our clients, teach then something new, enhance their opportunity for social interaction and just have some fun together.
Because of the population with whom we work (people with developmental disabilities) you will be asked to complete an application, pass required background checks, sign a confidentiality agreement and attend a 15 minute training session. You will be under the supervison of a NorthPointe Resources staff person at all times.
Days and times are very flexible but we ask you to commit to a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 3 hours/week for 8 weeks
- Are you a dietitian who can...
- Share your theatrical expertise...
- List Items for Sale on Sites...
- Adopt A Garden!
- Share Your Hobby/Interest/Talent...
- Business Plan Development for...
- Organize Donations of Furniture...
- Teach an Exercise (Movement) Class
- Calling all chefs/cooks/foodies!
- Be a Buddy to a Person with a...
- Marketing Volunteer Opportunity
- Share Your Love of Gardening -...
- Help People with Disabilities...