Volunteering for the Southern Tier CA$H program
Do you want to feel good at tax time?
STCA$H is seeking individuals to join its team of volunteers for the 2017 filing season, beginning in late January 2018. Greeter/Receptionist opportunities are available in Elmira.
Choose the days and times that work for you - the site runs Monday through Thursday with varying morning, afternoon, and evening shifts available.
The major responsibilities of a CASH Greeter/Receptionist include:
- Greet all taxpayers visiting the site and create a pleasant atmosphere at the tax site
- Sign in tax clients in the order they enter the tax site (we do not accept "walk-ins", all appointments are made through 211 Helpline
- Distribute client intake sheets and other handouts
- Provide general assistance to site patrons (directions to restrooms, waiting area)
- Ask if they have brought all information requested (Ex. License/Photo ID, Social Security cards)
- Ensure that customer privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all time
All volunteers are required to complete IRS Standards of Conduct Certification. We provide all training and materials.
Southern Tier CA$H (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) is a coalition of community partners, led by Arbor Housing and Development, is a free IRS VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) income tax assistance program to low-to-moderate income individuals and families, disabled, and elderly.
More information about the STCA$H program, including other volunteer opportunities is available on the STCA$H website at www.arbordevelopment.org/stcash or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Min of 4 hours per week between January and April