2016 Kara Walk'n'Run to Remember
WhenSat Oct 15, 2016, 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Where600 E Meadow DrPalo Alto, CA 94306
Because grief doesn't discriminate, Kara is here for our community. This special event is a unique and wonderful opportunity for individuals and community organizations and businesses to walk in memory of a loved one...to walk to support friends, family or someone grieving the loss of a loved one.... and to secondarily help Kara sustain its crucial services for the greater Bay Area.
We need help with the following roles:
1. Setup and Registration: Welcome participants, check the name on the list, help setup the morning snack bar, set up booths (tents, tables, chairs, sound system etc.)
*If you are interested in helping set up, we ask that you arrive by 8am to help and then learn about the registration process as well. Thank you!
2. Cheerleaders for along the walk and run route: Need lots of energetic souls... the more the merrier! This crew will station themselves around the route to cheer on the participants and assist with any needs along the way including guiding them through the right route and keeping them safe.
3. Water station support: This crew will stay at the water station at the halfway point of the walk, to hand out drinks and cheer on walkers.
4. FunZone games attendants: This crew will run a variety of old-school carnival games such as a ring toss, cupcake walk, etc.
5. Clean up and take down: Self explanatory.
For more information, visit the event site at www.kara-grief.org/walknrun16.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 3 hour block! Example, 8:30-11:30am.