What you will be doing:
You will be assisting in the general production process for science/educational videos. This can include, but may not necessarily be limited to: camera work, audio recording in studio and the field, light pre-production and planning work, gopher, and lighting & grip. There is a chance for those interested in directing or producing as well, but this will require extra qualifications, as it is a much bigger responsibility with much more time commitment required. Expected skill set when you start:
- A working knowledge of using cameras/camcorders. No specific brand familiarity is required, but interns and volunteers are expected to have held one, shot video at least a few times, and know the basics of shot composition.
- A familiarity with recording audio separately from video is preferred, but not necessarily required to start.
- An ability to be punctual, to stand for long stretches of time, and to be able to sprint short distances at a moment's notice.
- A high tolerance for risk. We may hang you off the side of a train or ask you to stand in the vicinity of lightning. That's a thing that happens around here.
- Unafraid to ask questions if you're unsure of something.
- A sincere and passionate desire to learn and help produce educational content for the world
This opportunity is eligible for credit for school or volunteer hours if you are in need of that.
- Sound Production
- Video Production
- TV Production
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Animation Software
- Adobe Creative Suite
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 5 to 20 hours per week
- Grant writing: Research and...
- French Instructor for Teens
- Music Instructor for Teens
- Wordpress Development
- American Sign Language...
- Classical Literature Instructor...
- Mechanics Instructor for Teens
- Money Matters Instructor for Teens
- Grant Writing
- Art Program Coordinator / Intern...
- Teen Tutoring: The Geek Group
- Audio / Visual Production
- Graphic Design & Print Design
- Audio / Visual Post Production
- Building Instructor for Teens
- Web development: Python
- Electronics Instructor for Teens
- Robotics Instructor for Teens
- IT & Computer Technician