The Communications Committee is the voice of Foundation for Second Chances and is responsible for connecting the organization with the community. Responsibilities include creating informative brochures, documenting our past/present/future, producing content for MailChimp and Social Media, and utilizing a variety of channels (like the FFSC website, eNewsletters, eBlasts, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and press releases) to get our message out. The Communications Committee will work alongside FFSC’s other committees, staff, and volunteers to help promote FFSC events and activities.
The goal of the Communications Committee is to increase Foundation for Second Chances’ (FFSC) visibility among the community, including corporate sectors and public sectors, with special focus on attracting donors.
The Communications Committee will devise and execute FFSC’s annual strategic Marketing Plan that includes:
1. Identifying potential markets, the needs of those markets, how to meet their needs with services/programs/products, and how to promote and sell FFSC’s various programs to such markets
2. Devising and executing strategies to enhance the image of FFSC through communications with the press and various media sources (i.e. radio, TV, print, and social media)
3. Updating Social Media on a regular basis
4. Developing strategies to enhance the image of FFSC through communications with the press and various media sources (i.e. radio, TV, print, social media, etc)
5. Telling FFSC’s story through our communication methods
6. Creating quarterly newsletters and MailChimp Communication Outreach
The Communications Committee will work alongside FFSC other committees, staff and volunteers to help promote FFSC events and activities supported by each committee.
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Meets once a month
- Communicate with staff regularly
- Fundraising and Development...
- Communications Committee Member
- Community Service Co-Chair
- Program Assistant
- Mentors for High School Students
- Programs Committee Member
- Community Service Committee...
- Care Package Giveaway
- Communications Co-Chair
- Reading Across America Event
- Event Planning Volunteer
- Communications Assistant
- Health Fair Planning Commitee
- Donor Relations Coordinator
- Event Planning for 15 year...
- Graphic Designer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Event Planning for Fitness Game...
- Social and Special Events...