Sexual Assault is never acceptable.
It can happen to anyone, at any time, at any place.
Make a Difference in the lives of survivors!
Become a Volunteer Sexual Assault Counselor & Advocate with RTS to stop cycles of violence & suffering.
We seek volunteers who share our vision and philosophy, including core beliefs such as:
(1) we all have been affected by violence and inequities
(2) healing from the effects of those experiences is a life-long process
(3) commitment to one's healing is a key to our well-being, effective relationships with others, a healthy and equitable work environment, and meaningful political change.
Does this sound like you?
Training starts October 13 th, 2016
No Experience Required!
Those interested in becoming volunteer Sexual Assault Counselors (SACs) at RTS first complete an application, are interviewed by phone and then attend an informal interview with RTS staff. Those invited to participate will complete a 65 hour California state-certified training. The training covers all subjects necessary to successfully advocate for survivors and those who care and support them. Minimum of one year commitment is required and a training fee is required (those in need can be given partial scholarships).
Training session are Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 6pm-9pm, and Saturdays, 9:30am to 3:30pm
- Support survivors on our 24-hour confidential crisis line
- Support survivors through advocacy and accompaniment services throughout San Mateo County
Bilingual/Bicultural volunteers are encouraged to apply!
Visit our website: www.rapetraumaservices.org for more information and to begin the application process!
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least a year
- 65 hour training