Are you knowledgeable about grounds keeping, handy-work, contracting, or fixer-upper based projects?
West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for a Handyperson volunteer to work under our Facilities Manager. Our Handyperson volunteer will report to our Facilities Manager, and complete small projects as needed. If you have experience in facilities work, grounds keeping, construction work, or would like experience, this is a great opportunity in a fun and meaningful environment. This is a hand-on volunteer position that will be requiring some strenuous activity.
We are looking for a Handyperson volunteer for a long term commitment, and someone who will be proactive and hands-on. You can always schedule a time to "shadow" the shift first, to see if it's a fit for you. Learn more at Volunteer Orientation! Thank you.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The same shift for a 4-month minimum commitment
- Planting and Harvesting our...
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Front Desk - Thursdays 8am-12noon
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Front Desk - Tuesdays 8am-12noon
- Website Maintence/Design
- Front Desk - Thursdays Afternoon
- Food Pantry - Friday Afternoons
- Front Desk - Tuesday Afternoons
- Fundraising/Marketing Volunteer
- Auto Technician...
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Food Pantry - Thursday Mornings