Youth Leadership Network Volunteer- Worcester
60 people are interested
This event takes place on the second Saturday of every month.
General duties and requirements:
- Work well with youth and clearly respect their independence and leadership roles.
- This is a "No hands on" role; the personal care attendants provide the "Hands on" supports if needed.
- Be able to carry out instructions independently.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to at least 3 events per year for a minimum of 12 hours per year.
- Should be flexible to assist wherever needed for event, may be asked to move around to different rooms/floors, be flexible.
- This may require moving around for three hours or more.
- Help bring materials from staff vehicles to meeting locations.
- May require some lifting and moving of tables and chairs to either assist with set-up / tear-down of event. Could be up to 25 lbs; supplies, making copies, printing items, etc. An example: having the physical ability to carry 4 pizza boxes a quarter mile.
- Help watching the door and opening the door in Boston; Worcester- help placing meeting signs, checking both sets of doors, accompanying some folks to their vehicles or to public transit locations, help with other drop off and pick up activities.
- Running/driving errands: pizza, soda, other foods, office supplies, etc.
- Helping youth who request assistance with reading, writing, getting materials, getting food, serving food, note taking, making phone calls, etc.
- And other assigned volunteer tasks.
Please contact Patrick Remy, Youth Services Coordinator, Easter Seals Massachusetts: Premy@eastersealsma.org for more information.
About easterseals Massachusetts
484 Main Street, 6th Floor, Worcester, MA 01608, US
easterseals' mission is to provide exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
easterseals provides a variety of services to help people with autism and other disabilities address life's challenges and achieve personal goals.
We'll work with your schedule.
484 Main StWorcester, MA 01608
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Case Work / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14