Our valued volunteers play a vital role in the exceptional service and support provided by Partners In Care. Each volunteer shares his or her heart, time and skills to make a positive and rewarding impact with our patients, family members, caregivers and community.
Numerous opportunities are available for volunteers, whether you choose to have direct patient contact or are helping with other supportive activities.
- Friendly visits with a patient as you listen to their stories, read to them, take walks together, play games, listen to their favorite music, look through photo albums, write letters, watch television, or simply be quietly present.
- Caregiver respite relief so that that main caregiver can receive a needed break and recharge.
- Run errands on behalf of a patient or family member.
- Record a patient sharing their life stories via video, audio or written transcription.
- Assist at our Hospice House by supporting the staff or providing music.
- Become part of our HosPet therapy program and visit with your registered therapy animal.
- Be in regular contact with our Transitions clients.
- Assist with our annual flu clinics in October.
- Educate groups in the community about hospice care.
- Provide help with our monthly bereavement potluck.
All interested volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application, attend Volunteer Orientation, and undergo a background check, drug screening, and TB test.
The next scheduled Volunteer Orientation will take place on Wednesday, January 10 from 1:30 - 6 p.m. and Saturday, January 13 from 8:30 a.m. - noon. Attendance on both days is mandatory. Please contact Jason Medina, 541-382-5882, for more information or complete an application at www.partnersbend.org.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 2 Hours a week
- Orientation will be held in mid-January, 2018