- Identify location, confirm venue and time of the event.
- Help determine the type of event, timeline, and theme.
- Work with Director of Special Events / Board to set sponsorship levels and ticket prices.
- Send out sponsorship packages to potential sponsors.
- Provide names of each contact, not already in Salesforce CRM database.
- Follow up via emails, faxes, and phone calls and log update in Salesforce CRM.
- Select speakers, musician, entertainers, DJ and topics for events.
- Create a budget for each event and submit to the Board / Director of Special Events.
- Develop award recipient and invitation list, and coordinate bids for the invitation.
- Assess the feasibility of producing an ad book for the event and/or another type of booklet memorializing the event for participants.
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications to develop press releases and background/ biographies of award recipients, if applicable.
- Develop menu and program for the event.
- Coordinate photographs of award recipients, if applicable, prior to the event for evening literature and press releases.
- Coordinate photos to be taken at the event and seating arrangements.
- Solicit donations for each special events.
- Collaborate with Director of Community Engagement / grow volunteer base for events.
- Prepare financial analysis and reports to the Director of Finance / Board.
- Send "thank you" letters or notes to all individuals and businesses providing sponsorship, in-kind donations, volunteers, committee members, etc.
- Assist with fundraising, donation and recruit volunteers.
- Attend 3 virtual meeting via WebEx and 1 Annual General in-person meeting.
- Participate half hour to hour (maximum) conference calls as needed.
- Attend event.
- Commitment for 1 year
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must send an email to email@example.com expressing interest in the position and attaching a resume. Review of applicants will begin on Tuesday, January 17, 2017, but the position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, faxes, or mailed applications please.
- Event Design & Planning
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Year