MUST RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lend a hand and enjoy a day assisting and engaging adults with functional and/or cognitive impairments, and preschoolers from our Family Relief Nursery, with a variety of therapeutic activities, which may include:
- Blanket making
- Crayon making
- Chalk making
- Tai Chi
- Music Therapy
- Doll making
- Art Therapy
- Lunch & Snacks
A note about children: Since our FRN classrooms have a maximum of 6-8 children, you may not be able to interact with a child directly during this project, but you will certainly be able to observe and support their experience.
Sample Schedule: Final agenda will be emailed to you before your project
10:00 Check in & Orientation
10:30 Clothes pin turkeys & turkey hats with elders & children
11:15 Fall Art Project Bird suet cakes with elders
12:00 Lunch & socializing with elders
12:45 Closing & Group Picture
Benefits: Both the elderly and young children can experience isolation from a lack of support and connection, especially when their caregivers are over-burdened. Build community and connection across the generations or be the ones to honor our elders with laughter and new experiences! The elders often ask for groups to come back again, everyone retells stories about their experiences (a huge step for those with dementia), and elders are more calm and relaxed for days afterwards.
- Training, support, crafting supplies, and a shared meal.
- The tools, training, and support you need to feel like you made a difference.
- An overview of how this program changes lives, and how you can continue to make a difference after your project is complete.
About the VOA Adult Day Centers:The VOA Lambert House Day Center features structured programs that meet the needs of functionally and/or cognitively impaired adults including individually planned social and support services, supervision, and health monitoring in a protective setting during the day. The focus is on increased well-being of the entire family/community through the creation of a balanced system where caregivers are able to maintain individual-based care.
About the VOA Family Relief Nursery: FRN is a prevention/intervention program that helps to stop the cycle of child abuse & neglect while also providing development assessments and a therapeutic nursery/preschool environment for children ages six weeks through five years. The program provides skills training, respite care, and home visits to assist families in re-establishing a safe, caring home environment.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours for a one time shift. MUST RSVP
- Intergenerational days are offered once a month on select Tuesdays
- Support a Young Child at the...
- Men's Residential Counselor...
- Spanish speaking! Support a...
- Brighten our children's day with...
- Brand management and marketing...
- Provide positive after school...
- Women's Residential Recovery...
- Use your Spanish language skills...
- Support intergenerational...
- Keep kids engaged after school...
- Trauma-Informed Drop-In Services...
- Bring joy to youth while riding...
- Use Your Marketing Skills to...