NEW Volunteer Training - Become a Companion Visitor for Hospice - Start On-Boarding NOW!
30 people are interested
Train with us to offer support to hospice patients and their families. Volunteers have a critical contribution to the hospice experience. Our friendly visitors offer our patients companionship, support and socialization- truly a rewarding experience.
We welcome you to get involved in this excellent volunteer experience. We have patients in your local community, start the on-boarding process today! Feel free to invite a friend to join you at training.
Volunteers offer support, companionship and compassionate help to our patients:
- Volunteers provide a nurturing environment for patients and families.
- Volunteers spend time with our patients sitting, talking, reading & listening to music.
- Many patients are unable to get out and socialize as they used to. Our Volunteers bring the socialization to them and help to decrease feelings of isolation.
We have a screening process which includes an application, background check and in-person training. We work with your schedule, so contact us and let's make a difference together!
We'll work with your schedule.
Hospice patients throughout theChicagoland areaWestmont, IL 60559
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 30 minutes 2 times per month.