Position Overview: Provide assistance to elementary students with their math and reading homework after school. Volunteers can choose to work at one of three support center locations.
- Assist students with their homework
- Lead activities such as board games or outside play
- Keep the peace among the children
- Enjoy working with children
- Able to read in English or Spanish
- Able to assist in elementary school math
Time Commitment: Minimum commitment of 2 hours a week with a flexible schedule allowing for up to 8 hours a week. Days and locations are decided by the volunteer.
Hours: The support centers open in October, Monday through Thursday 4:00 to 6:00pm and stay open for the duration of the school year. Volunteers are encouraged to start at any time throughout the school year.
Benefits of volunteering: Give back to your local community by providing help to elementary aged students and gain experience working with kids in an educational environment.
Volunteers can choose between any of the three support center locations:
- Cleveland Center (1401 Cleveland St.)
- Arbor Park Support Center (Arbor Park Office Complex on LaVenture Rd and Division St)
- Kulshan Creek Center (Intersection of N. 26 th and Kulshan Avenue).
Contact: Ramsay Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 428-6110 ex. 11420
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week