Unit Leader for 12 - 13 year old girls
As the unit leader, you will have the primary responsibility of loving, encouraging, affirming and inspiring the awesome group of girls assigned to you! Your focus will be to implement character development, leadership training and biblical instruction in a fun and creative way! Cirruculum handbooks will be provided and you will need to plan your lessons out in advance of the meeting time.
This is a Christian based character development program that consists of four units representing girls from ages 6-17 years old. Each time we meet, all girls participate in an opening activity together before breaking off into their respective units with their leaders. At each meeting you will need to arrive early to set-up; participate in group prayer with all leaders, parents and girls; lead the girls in your unit in an exciting activity or fun project based on their cirruculum requirements; ensure that your meeting room is clean before departing; and participate in a short closing activity with other leaders and girls in the program.
Unit leaders are required to plan and manage one event per year for their girls in one of the areas listed below:
- Spiritual development (ex., family bible study, weekend mission trip)
- Outdoor activity (ex., camping, day trip, high adventure, 5K walk/run)
- Social development (ex., senior citizen event, roller skating, lock-in, overnight trip)
- Character development (ex.,veteran ceremony, assist in parade coordination)
Unit leaders are expected to encourage their girls to participate in all three community service projects per year (planned and managed by the program coordinator).
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Outdoor Recreation
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5+ hours/month
- Meetings are held every other Friday, 2 times per month from 6:30p-8:30p.