The College and Career Intern position require self-motivated individuals who are familiar with the Mission community, are bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese (preferable, but not required) and have a passion for working with youth. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience working with youth and their families in the Mission community. Additionally, the College and Career Intern will gain knowledge of college access programming and building community with students and their families. College and Career Intern will work closely with the College and Career team at John O’Connell High School.
Key Responsibilities & Primary Duties
Direct Service (50%)
- Assist high school seniors with college research, and complete their personal statement. Assist high school seniors complete college applications and FAFSA/ Dream Act applications if applicable
- Assist College and Career team during workshops and school-wide events.
- Support the College and Career team with youth one-on-one meetings/ support when needed.
- Manage and support school-wide college-going culture processes. Create posters and signs related to college culture and deadline. Manage resource and college bulletin boards.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletters announcing program updates, college and scholarship applications, and summer/internship programs.
- Send reminder emails/calls/text messages to students about upcoming deadlines, meetings, activities, scholarships, etc.
- Assist in communicating with and scheduling volunteers and interpreters when needed
- Assist in drafting blog and newsletter stories for the program
- Assist with program data tracking spreadsheets.
- Assist with other program-related projects
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- Negative TB test