No Background Check Required - Immediate Community Service Hours Avail for Court
109 people are interested
Thank you for your interest in participating in our Community Service Program. Before you begin, it is important to know that we have a variety of men and women from our Adult Rehabilitation Center as well as employees working alongside of you. It is crucial that everyone holds to our standards of workplace rules and ethics so that the warehouse remains a professional environment for everyone.
There are additional policies you should be aware of and you will have a brief orientation with your Supervisor, Ellen Williams.
Once you have completed your Community Service Hours, Ellen Williams will prepare a letter for you on our letterhead with the required information for your Court or Agency or she will complete your weekly timesheet the Agency has provided.
WHERE TO REPORT:
Please report to the loading dock at The Salvation Army ARC Warehouse (on 13th and Broadway) in Downtown San Diego. Your service hours can be completed any day, Monday - Friday PLEASE SHOW UP AT 7AM for assignments. You do not have to stay the entire day though (4PM)
Below, you will find a list of items to bring as well as what NOT to bring.
VERY Important Information:
- Please bring the following items with you in a CLEAR PLASTIC / ZIPLOCK BAGGIE:
- Lunch & Bottled Water, your keys or any other items you need with you
- Please see Dress Code and take note of the following requirements:
- Long Pants ONLY - NO Shorts are allowed even on hot days
- Closed Toed Shoes - NO flip flops, sandals or high-heels
- Shirt with sleeves covering the shoulders. Halter and tank tops, spaghetti straps, etc, are NOT.
- Please do not wear excessive jewelry, perfume - all of which may interrupt the regular flow of work
- No backpacks or electronics (including cell phones) of any kind are allowed in the warehouse.
- No smoking is permitted during your volunteer work hours. Regular or e-cigarettes are permitted during your breaks and lunch and only while off premises
- No alcohol or drug use is permitted (If Supervisor suspects Volunteer is under the influence during volunteer hours, Supervisor will dismiss Volunteer immediately)
We'll work with your schedule.
1335 BroadwaySan Diego, CA 92110
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hrs per day
- See info in the listing regarding requirement of what is or is not allowed in the warehouse