No Background Check Required - Immediate Community Service Hours Avail for Court
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1335 BroadwaySan Diego, CA 92110
Thank you for your interest in participating in our Community Service Program. Before you begin, it is important to know that we have a variety of men and women from our Adult Rehabilitation Center as well as employees working alongside of you. It is crucial that everyone holds to our standards of workplace rules and ethics so that the warehouse remains a professional environment for everyone.
There are additional policies you should be aware of and you will have a brief orientation with your Supervisor, Ellen Williams when you arrive. Ellen Williams will be your point of contact here at the warehouse.
Once you have completed your Community Service Hours, Ellen Williams will prepare a letter for you on our letterhead with the required information for your Court or Agency or she will complete your weekly timesheet the Agency has provided. If timecards need to be approved on line, our Community Relations Office will also take care of this.
WHERE TO REPORT:
Please report to the loading dock at The Salvation Army ARC Warehouse (on 13th and Broadway) in Downtown San Diego.
Your service hours can be completed anytime, Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Ellen Williams, or another Salvation Army employee will escort you to the 3 rd Floor work area your first day. All other days, please come to the 3 rd Floor work area on your own.
Those working on the loading dock, warehouse area and auction area will report no later than 8:00 a..m. and be briefed by a Salvation Army employee before you begin
Below, you will find a list of items to bring as well as what NOT to bring.
VERY Important Information:
- Please bring the following items with you in a CLEAR PLASTIC / ZIPLOCK BAGGIE:
- Lunch & Bottled Water, your keys or any other items you need with you
- Please see attached Dress Code and take note of the following requirements:
- Long Pants ONLY - NO Shorts are allowed even on hot days
- Closed Toed Shoes - NO flip flops, sandals or high-heels
- Polo shirt, plain button up shirt or t-shirt with sleeves covering the shoulders are acceptable. Halter and tank tops, spaghetti straps, etc, are NOT.
- Please do not wear excessive jewelry, perfume or fingernails - all of which may interrupt the regular flow of work
- No backpacks or electronics (including cell phones) of any kind are allowed in the warehouse.
- No smoking is permitted during your volunteer work hours. Regular or e-cigarettes are permitted during your breaks and lunch and only while off premises
- No alcohol or drug use is permitted (If Supervisor suspects Volunteer is under the influence during volunteer hours, Supervisor will dismiss Volunteer immediately)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hrs per day
- See info in the listing regarding requirement of what is or is not allowed in the warehouse