Make a difference in the lives of refugee and immigrant students, volunteer with ReWA’s youth programs!
Last year, our dedicated volunteer tutors helped over 500 Seattle Public School students in the 1 st through 12 th grade celebrate and explore their identities, excel academically, prepare for life after adolescence, and share their talents in service to their families, their neighbors, and their world.
Under the guidance of a lead instructor, volunteer tutors spend most of their time working one-on-one or in small groups with students, but may also assist instructors with delivering enrichment lessons.
ReWA’s volunteer tutors
- Assist students with homework
- Support good study habits
- Facilitate skill-building activities
- Promote a positive, safe, and welcoming environment
When you volunteer with ReWA’s youth programs, you are committing to:
- Volunteer at least one time a week for 3-6 months
- Undergo a background check (to be completed by ReWA)
- Complete the Seattle Tutoring Coalition’s online tutor training (takes about 30-60 minutes)
Programs run afternoons Monday through Friday and there are opportunities to work with students of all ages. Past volunteer tutors have earned service hours and college credits for their work with ReWA’s youth.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 session (2.5 hrs) per week