NorthPointe Resources is looking for groups or individuals to "adopt" a group home where people with disabilities live. Specifically, we are looking for people who can help give our homes more curb appeal and make the entrances look inviting. We need people to remove/replace shrubs, plant perennials/bulbs/annuals, pull weeds, plant flower boxes, etc. We have a landscaping service that provides routine lawn care so that is already covered.
Ideally, we would love to have a garden center or landscaping company provide the plants, if possible.
We have homes in Zion, Beach Park, Winthrop Harbor, Gurnee and Wildwood. Most of the homes are duplex styles with fairly good-sized yards.
Because of the population with whom we work (people with developmental disabilities) you will be asked to complete an application, pass required background checks, be finger printed, pass a drug screening, sign a confidentiality agreement and attend a 15 minute training session.
Days and times are very flexible but we ask you to commit to a minimum of 8 weeks.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 12
- 4 - 6 hours then 1 hour/week for maintenance
- Are you a dietitian who can...
- Teach an Exercise (Movement) Class
- Calling all chefs/cooks/foodies!
- Assist Our Artists
- List Items for Sale on Sites...
- Marketing Volunteer Opportunity
- Share Your Love of Gardening -...
- Adopt A Garden!
- Help NorthPointe Resources...
- Share Your Hobby/Interest/Talent...
- Creative Thinkers, Idea people...
- Experienced Public Relations...