Looking for warm compassionate persons to provide companionship and emotonal support to terminally ill patients. Patient care volunteers visit patients in Nursing homes, assisted living or in patient's own homes. All Volunteers will be provided training, supervision and support.
- Visit patients in their homes and in facilities offering companionship and a chance to reminisce
- Read books, newspapers and other favorites to people when they aren’t able themselves
- Contribute to volunteer newsletter keeping volunteers and staff in tune with the Hospice Volunteer Program’s activities
- Assist with small errands for the patient and family to supplement the care received at home
- Share their talents and gifts... Play Music, create photo albums
- Provide patient the opportunity to tell his/her life story through the use of video, (if patient or caregiver has one available), audio and/or the written word.
- Office Volunteers assist office staff with basic tasks such as copying and filing, helping with web research, spreadsheets and more.
- Music Therapy
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month
- 2 step ppd