The volunteer case managers at Helping Hands of Paulding Countuy function as a source of customer service, connection to resources, and client intake for eligible residents of Paulding County. Resources that can be provided at Helping Hands for eligible households indludes:
- Nutritional assitance (Pre-bagged groceries from our food pantry
- Connection to county-wide resources for low income households
- Commodity supplemental food program (CSFP) for seniors
- Assistance with food stamp application
- Clothing vouchers to local thrift stores
- Financial counselling by appointment
- Affordable housing resources
- Support for homeless residents
- GED scholarship
The volunteers at Helping Hands understand the needs of the community and foster mutual respect and consideration. The case managers recognize that each household is unique with situations, needs, and challenges that relate to low income families. They are adept at: listening to clients; being diligent with completeing files; following set guidelines; adhering to client privacy laws, and providing explainations that are understandable to a general audience. In addition, they are empathetic, detail oriented, patient, non-judgmental, and present themselves with a professional demeanor.
We are open Monday-Friday 10:00am - 1:30pm.
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- What you are comfortable with.