We are looking for professionals working in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields to help inspire girls to pursue their interest in STEM fields. Volunteers select one of our Stellar Girls schools, located all over Chicagoland, and provide 10-minute presentations on their education and career path; current job; and challenges and emerging opportunities in their particular STEM field. Speakers engage in Q&A with the girls, and they may also assist teachers in the facilitation of hands-on learning activities. The learning activities will be distributed, in advance, to speakers who would like to participate. We have Stellar Girl's locations in the following Chicagoland areas and neighboring suburbs: Northwest Chicago, Southwest Chicago, South Chicago, Skokie, Lincolnwood, Wheeling, Elgin, Bedford Park, Summit, Oswego, Hanover Park and Manhattan.
-Attend a 15-minute orientation session via teleconference.
- Prepare a brief 10-minute presentation to present at the Stellar Girls School of your choice.
- Coordinate school visit with EDUCATE staff.
- Provide own transportation to and from presentation.
- Complete the online survey about your experience. This survey will be emailed to you following your presentation.
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 90 minutes
- Interest and enthusiasm in sharing your awesome STEM career experience!