SCORE NYC is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization that offers free business counseling and low-cost seminars to the community of NYC small businesses.
We always welcome experienced copy writers to help in producing our written content, whether you want to keep your skills sharp or are building a portfolio. You will have unlimited free access to all our events and seminars. Your responsibilities will consist of interviewing SCORE NYC mentors and ghostwriting articles for our blog based on the interviews. Byline and back links to your site are definitely an option. Subjects of the articles will be predetermined, and the interviewees advised to expect to hear from you. You can familiarize yourself with the kind of writing we need at http://scorenewyorkcity.org/blog/REQUIREMENTS:
- demonstrable experience as a professional copy writer
- proficiency in either CMS or AP
- understanding of the role of house style
- experience in working with an editor
- time commitment of 8-10 hours per week; work can be done virtually
- resolve to follow through and stay on task, including persistence in following up with the interviewees
- a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or website
- a sample of a short published article(s)
- your contact information
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- People Skills
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours a week
- Volunteer - Digital Strategist
- Volunteer copy writers
- Volunteer, Workshop committee
- Volunteer - Event Planner - for...
- Voluteer Needed to Help...
- Volunteer graphic designers
- Volunteer: Mentor Small...
- Volunteer - Human Resources -...
- Business Development - Outreach...
- Volunteer copy editors
- Volunteer Administrative...
- Volunteer - Advisory Board...