Score NYC is the local chapter servicing the NYC business community. We have over 90 members.
Currently we are seeking a dynamic editor/copywriter to join our marketing team. Volunteering at SCORE is one of the ways for you to give back to our community, stay connected with business leaders, and use your knowledge and expertise to bring SCORE’s resources to the next generation of entrepreneurs in your community. We hope to hear from you.
- Be editor-in-chief of a newsletter distributed electronically to 14,000 readers monthly; monitor engagement and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Cultivate an internal team of writers/ contributors
- Write short pieces for various marketing, social media, branding materials (print and digital) and our website, as needed
- Edit material contributed to our blog
- Work closely with marketing team to craft messaging to small businesses who can benefit from our services
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS -
- 3+ years of experience as editor, journalist (online and/or print), or advertising copywriter
- Flair for storytelling, good syntax and a way with words; facility pairing stories with images to increase emotional impact
- Comfort with technology, knowledge of Photoshop and Constant Contact a plus
- Enjoys the give and take of team dynamics
- Attendance at marketing committee meetings, usually 2 hours each, once a month, at 26 Federal Plaza NYC, during business week
- Time commitment of 8-10 hours per week. Work is flexible and can be done virtually
TO APPLY - Email to: VOLUNTEERNOW@scorenyc.org **
- your resume,
- a brief note regarding the number of hours you could volunteer each week AND please let us know the days and times you are NOT available.
- Any personal information you feel would help us get to know you better, including the circumstances that allow you to volunteer at this point in your life.
- Best day and time for you to come in to meet our team
- Your contact information
** Interviews for this position will be conducted by MARY TAN so please email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per week
- one-site meetings - approx. 1 per month
- Volunteer - Digital Strategist
- Volunteer - Writer & Copy Editor
- Data Analyst
- Volunteer - Event Planner - for...
- Voluteer Needed to Help...
- Volunteer - Graphic Designer
- Volunteer: Mentor Small...
- Volunteer - Human Resources -...
- Business Development - Outreach...
- Volunteer Administrative...
- Volunteer - Advisory Board...