Jodi House Administrative/ Social Media Internship Position
Are you interested in gaining real-life experience in administrative and social media operations in a friendly setting? Looking to build up your professional resume and get to know great people at the same time?
Jodi House, Inc. is seeking creative, personable, and professional candidates for the Administrative/Social Media Internship position.
The Jodi House Administrative/Social Media Internship is unpaid, and centers on allowing the candidate to build his/her platform while assisting Jodi House with its media publicity and daily administrative tasks. There are multiple opportunities to build portfolios or college credit. The opportunity to contribute to an established non-profit organization of Santa Barbara will provide invaluable experience.
About Jodi House
Jodi House is committed to providing the support necessary for our members to successfully overcome the difficulties that result from traumatic brain injury. During fiscal year 2013-2014, Jodi House provided 12,887 hours of services to 122 men and women in our Day Program, and hundreds of more hours to loved ones and caregivers in our community. Some of the classes in our day program include communication skills, percussion and peer support group.
The Jodi House Administrative/Social Media Intern will:
* Collaborate with Jodi House staff to create social media content highlighting the daily lives of Jodi House members, upcoming events and fundraisers, and current research on brain injury rehabilitation.
* Interact respectfully with Jodi House brain injury survivor members in classes and activities.
* Assist with administrative and development tasks, including but not limited to data entry, research, organizing, and filing.
Qualified candidates will:
* Be professional, eager to learn, flexible, and able to work with a wide variety of personality types.
* Be willing to commit to a 3-6 month internship with a weekly routine.
* Experience with brain injury patients or adults with disabilities preferred, but not necessary. All training on member relations and safety will be provided by Jodi House, Inc.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Administrative Support
- Social Media / Blogging
- Database Administration
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-8 hours per week, depending on candidate
- Assistance with events and fundraisers, depending on candidate