Non-Profit Development and Grants Intern
The Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco ("CCFSF") is seeking Non-Profit Development and Grants Interns.
We are a contemporary arts organization whose mission is to spark intercultural discovery through art, education, and engagement.
We are organized into Programs, Communications, Development, and Operations departments. This internship will focus on the work of the Development department which includes fundraising, all aspects of grant process and administration, and monitoring of corporate and foundation support.
We will custom design a curriculum of learning for each qualified intern. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about non-profit development, gain professional skills, and interact with a community of co-workers who are passionate about the mission of our organization.
School credit for internship is accepted. Otherwise, the individual is considered a volunteer.
Roles and Responsibilities
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Writing grant proposals and completing grant applications
- Assist in the management of the grants calendar
- Conduct prospect research
- Support with monitoring grant compliance and grant implementation
- Working with the Development Director and Grants Manager to create and execute an over-arching development vision to grow individual and institutional donor base
- Developing and implementing a major gifts strategy to increase giving from individual donors
- Support the development team in managing relationships with donors and promoting a culture of philanthropy
Eligibility and Skills
- Motivated and passionate about working for a community based non-profit organization
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with Chinese language (Mandarin, Cantonese) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills - we are looking for an outgoing, energetic, people person
- Willingness to work under instructions
- Excellent organization skills and attention to details
- Multi-tasking with ability to prioritize and stay focused
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is needed
- Please send cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample as soon as possible to email@example.com
- Business Development
- Arts Administration
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 days/week for minimum 3 month commitment
- Nonprofit General Management...
- Gallery & Art Program...
- Archives Intern/Volunteer
- Ambassador- Chinese Culture Center
- Communications & Marketing Intern
- Gallery and Alternative Art...
- Graphic Design Intern/Volunteer
- Editorial and Content Intern
- Administrative Intern
- Chinatown Docent
- Non-profit Development and...