11% of adults in Idaho lack the literacy skills to read a bedtime story to their children, the instructions on a medicine bottle, or a voting ballot. Not being able to read leads to consequences like chronic unemployment and lifelong poverty.
Just a few hours of your time each week can help these learners to change their lives.
Marshall Public Library is looking for tutors to work one-on-one and with small groups of adult learners to teach reading skills. If you have a passion for literacy and an interest in helping someone start on the path of lifelong success, contact Amy at Marshall Public Library today!
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours per week
- Headline: Newspaper Researchers...
- Bring a little mystery and...
- Language and Literacy Tutors...
- Attention, Techies!
- Outreach Volunteer Driver
- Help Someone’s Family Tree to Grow
- Lions and tigers and…dragons??!!...
- Calling All Musicians!
- Make History Personal
- 010010000110010101101...do you...
- Let's Talk!
- You + Tutoring = Math Literacy
- Outreach Volunteer
- Published Author Needed
- It’s a Jungle (or at least a...
- Volunteer at Marshall Public...