DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
Volunteer Bill Payer Monitor
ORGANIZATION: Minuteman Senior Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
Minuteman Senior Services’ Money Management Program assists seniors or disabled adults who need help with their monthly bill paying and related paperwork. Our volunteer bill payers establish a list of monthly income and expenses; sort (financial) mail; organize bills for payment; balance checkbook and reconcile to bank statement; write checks from a designated account for consumer to sign; and perform other related tasks as agreed by consumer, volunteer, and program coordinator.
We are currently seeking a volunteer who will assist with monitoring the program and contribute approximately 4-6 hours monthly with a one-year minimum commitment that is renewable. Position is located at our Bedford offices.
Reporting to and supervised by the Money Management Program Coordinator (MMPC), the Bill Payer Monitor (BPM) compares the bill payer volunteer’s monthly reports with the consumer’s bank statements and canceled checks to make sure bills are being paid correctly. The purpose of this activity is to provide the Money Management Program with an independent monitoring component which oversees and helps safeguards the consumer’s financial situation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete initial orientation/training and attend periodic meetings of volunteers.
- Compares bill payer monthly reports to both bank statements and budget and make home visits to clients if necessary.
- Perform tasks in accordance with volunteer code and guidelines.
- Contacts consumer at least annually to maintain an open line of communication and to ensure that bill payer services adequately respond to the consumer’s current situation.
- Reports promptly any problems with consumer accounts to the MMPC.
- Notifies the MMPC in a timely way of any problems with assignments or planned absences from the program.
- General knowledge of household budgeting and personal financial management.
- Accuracy in maintaining financial records.
- Patience and tactfulness; ability to work cooperatively with a wide of individuals, including people with significant physical and mental impairments and varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
About Minuteman Senior Services
One Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 101, Burlington, MA 01803, US
Our mission is to empower and advocate for those impacted by aging and disability. We offer information and supportive services that enhance health, well-being and independence.
For over 45 years, Minuteman Senior Services has been helping older and disabled adults age with independence and dignity in the setting of their choice which is most often their own homes and communities. We have been supporting caregivers, local and long distance, who want to do the right thing for their loved ones and need help and advice as they balance the competing demands of family, work and self.
Minuteman Senior Services offers over 20 programs and services such as Meals on Wheels, Home Care, Care Management, SHINE Medicare benefits counseling and more, and we are continually improving and expanding to serve you and your family in new and better ways. With over 130 employees, 400+ volunteers and over 70 subcontracted service providers that make up our provider network, we bring expertise, experience and resources to you and your family.
As a non-profit organization we are passionate about our mission to help you face the challenges of aging, disability and caregiving by helping you make informed decisions and get access to the help you need that fits within your means. Many of our services are free of charge, others are available on a sliding fee or private pay basis.
Our service area includes Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Boxborough, Burlington, Carlisle, Concord, Harvard, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, Wilmington, Winchester and Woburn.
26 Crosby DriveBedford, MA 01730
August 15, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per month