Volunteer Bill Paying Monitor
18 people are interested
Volunteer Bill Payer Monitor
Minuteman Senior Services’ Money Management Program assists seniors or disabled adults who need help with their monthly bill paying and related paperwork. Our volunteer bill payers establish a list of monthly income and expenses; sort (financial) mail; organize bills for payment; balance checkbook and reconcile to bank statement; write checks from a designated account for consumer to sign; and perform other related tasks as agreed by consumer, volunteer, and program coordinator.
We are currently seeking a volunteer who will assist with monitoring the program and contribute approximately 10 - 15 hours monthly with a one-year minimum commitment that is renewable. Position is located at our Bedford offices.
Reporting to and supervised by the Money Management Program Coordinator (MMPC), the Bill Payer Monitor (BPM) compares the bill payer volunteer’s monthly reports with the consumer’s bank statements and canceled checks to make sure bills are being paid correctly. The purpose of this activity is to provide the Money Management Program with an independent monitoring component which oversees and helps safeguards the consumer’s financial situation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete initial orientation/training and attend periodic meetings of volunteers.
- Compares bill payer monthly reports to both bank statements and budget and make home visits to clients if necessary.
- Perform tasks in accordance with volunteer code and guidelines.
- Contacts consumer at least annually to maintain an open line of communication and to ensure that bill payer services adequately respond to the consumer’s current situation.
- Reports promptly any problems with consumer accounts to the MMPC.
- Notifies the MMPC in a timely way of any problems with assignments or planned absences from the program.
- General knowledge of household budgeting and personal financial management.
- Accuracy in maintaining financial records.
- Patience and tactfulness; ability to work cooperatively with a wide of individuals, including people with significant physical and mental impairments and varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
We'll work with your schedule.
26 Crosby DriveBedford, MA 01730
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 15 hours per month