The Ready to Learn Program is seeking volunteers to work with immigrant and refugee families. The goal is to prepare children ages 0-5 for kindergarten. Volunteers will help fulfill this goal by visiting the family in their home and working with the children.
- Volunteers would meet with the families in the home and work with children ages 0-5 to prepare them for kindergarten.
- Volunteers would also assist the mother in understanding the K-12 system and how to help prepare their children.
- Volunteers meet with the family on a weekly basis for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Volunteers must have reliable transportation, complete an orientation/training session, pass a background check and be over 18 years of age.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2hrs/week for 10-12 weeks
- Home visit times vary by availability. Training date: September 9th from 9AM-2PM