The Person Center is a private non-profit organization established to provide charitable, educational, and therapeutic services to the multicultural and multi-ethnic African immigrant communities in the Washington metropolitan area. The Person Center Serves African immigrants from many backgrounds especially African immigrant survivors of violence and war trauma.
The Person Center is searching for dedicated and enthusiastic interns to work with us. We are looking for an intern to assume the role of a Development and Fundraising Coordinator. This intern will lead our efforts in raising funds for our organization in order for us to continue to serve the African Immigrant population.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work Closely with Executive director to organize activities to raise funds and gather monetary donations or other gifts for TPC
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events
- Create or update donor databases
- Establish Fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors
- Plan and direct special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks
- Coordinate web-based fundraising activities
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- 1-4 years Fundraising and development experience
- Experience working with a non-profit organization, association or agency is a plus
- Proven abilities in multi-tasking and problem-solving
- An attention to detail, the ability to generate enthusiasm and to influence others is important
- Ability to analyze data
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lead teams and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and resourceful
- Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles and practices.
- Financial Planning
- Donor Management
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- We will work with your schedule
- Come support our mission!