Thank you for your interest in becoming a mentor at Year Up Puget Sound!
Year Up's mission is to close the opportunity divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.
WHY BECOME A YEAR UP MENTOR?
- Make a difference in a young person's life
- Provide support during the challenging transition to a career and college
- Become part of the Year Up Mentoring community for networking opportunities with like-minded professionals
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE YEAR UP MENTOR?
- Email or call once a week and meet face-to-face with your student once a month for an 9-month period
- Assist in building and accessing professional networks and in reviewing resumes and college forms
WHAT MAKES A GREAT YEAR UP MENTOR?
- The desire to work with young adults (ages 18-24) from diverse backgrounds
- A positive attitude and good listening skills
- A willingness to share your knowledge and experiences
- Patience, understanding, and a sense of humor
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- 1/week check in. 1/month meeting.